Commercial and private in-building wireless coverage, best-in-class structured cabling, intelligent infrastructure management and professional services
HICKORY, N.C. – Building owners and real estate developers can achieve better returns on their investments by attracting and retaining the more profitable, tech-savvy tenants with best-in-class enterprise solutions. At the upcoming 5G Congress and Realcomm/IBcon events, CommScope will demonstrate powerful technologies that are shaping building networks of the future, including a live demonstration of Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) and in-building C-RAN antenna system.
Commercial real estate and property management firms, real estate departments and facility owners all recognize that in-building wireless coverage is a competitive advantage when attracting new tenants, potentially raising the value of the property by 28 percent.
To help bridge the gap with in-building coverage, CommScope will demonstrate its Era C-RAN antenna system and the recently-acquired Ruckus Networks’ CBRS LTE system together in a cost-saving joint-deployment model, running with CommScope’s CBRS Spectrum Access System (SAS). This combination of technologies brings an unparalleled range of wireless communications – both commercial mobile operator services and emerging CBRS private LTE networks – all in an efficient, unified infrastructure that paves the way for 5G in the building.
CBRE, one of the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firms, understands the value that technology brings to buildings owners and tenants.
“CBRE Building Technology Consultancy works with property owners to develop a technology strategy,” said Rick Varnell, executive vice president of Building Technology Consultancy, CBRE. “Network connectivity is a foundational part of any building strategy. We are working with CommScope to ensure that our diverse set of customers will receive the best wired and wireless solutions for their specific needs and will be able to realize the most value from their properties.”
Technologies offered by CommScope comprise an unsurpassed range of in-building connectivity solutions:
- Wireless: Wi-Fi access points (IoT), C-RAN antenna systems, indoor small cells (C-RAN, CBRS), distributed antenna systems
- Infrastructure: fiber optic and copper cabling, universal connectivity grids, Power over Ethernet solutions, Ethernet switches
- Management: Automated infrastructure management, scalable network controllers for wireless/wired management
- Professional services: Wireless design and development, NOC services, hosting, managed business networks, construction management, data center services, and fiber characterization and remediation
In addition to the demonstrations at the events, CommScope will also be speaking in these sessions:
- “In-Building Wireless Technology” with panelist Darla Braun, CommScope – June 12, 4:00pm
- IB Boot Camp: “Smart Building Connectivity” with panelist Jason Reasor, CommScope – June 12, 3:10pm
- “An Introduction to 5G & CBRS – Getting Ready for the Revolution” moderated by Mark Gibson, CommScope, including panelist Joel Lindholm, Ruckus Networks – June 13, 11:45am
“CommScope has worked with building owners and managers for years to ensure that the latest devices and applications have the connectivity needed to support business,” said Ben Cardwell, senior vice president and segment lead for CommScope’s Mobility Solutions and Connectivity Solutions. “Our expertise in wired and wireless connectivity is the foundation that makes communication networks work.”
CommScope will demonstrate its solutions for connected buildings in Nashville, Tenn. at co-located events. DASpedia’s 5G Congress, June 12, is “focused on emerging in-building wireless technologies” while Realcomm and IBcon, June 13-14, highlight all aspects of “technology, innovation and automation for commercial and corporate real estate and facilities industry.”
CommScope (COMM) and the recently acquired ARRIS and Ruckus Networks are redefining tomorrow by shaping the future of wired and wireless communications. Our combined global team of employees, innovators and technologists have empowered customers in all regions of the world to anticipate what’s next and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Discover more at www.commscope.com.